The technological know-how of the Fraunhofer EMFT experts, combined with the modern measurement and analysis capabilities, enable an extensive offering of multiparametic characterizations and qualification tests for electronic components and systems. Under laboratory conditions, simulation of physical parameters as well as measurement of reactions of components to these parameters - alone or in combination with others - is possible. Based on suitable stress tests and environmental simulations, manufacturing defects and relevant weak spots can be identified, allowing an estimation of the reliability and service life of the components and modules.
The systematic analysis provides the fundament for respective product and process optimization at the customers’ site. Above that, destructive and non-destructive inspections enable quality assurance of manufacturing processes.
Overview of the Analytics and Material Testing Services
The Fraunhofer EMFT expertise covers a wide spectrum of requirements, based on delivery specifications and acceptance criteria as well as international standards from various industries, such as aerospace (ESA), automotive incl. suppliers, medical technology or industrial electronics.
- Analytics using
- Stereo microscopy
- High resolution x-ray inspection incl. µCT
- Metallographic ground preparation incl. inspection with optical microscope
- Scanning electron microscope REM incl. EDX analysis
- Assessment according to IPC, ESA or DIN
- Qualification and reliability tests of circuit boards, electronic modules and tools
- Metallographic solder join inspection for aviation and aerospace according to ESA (ESA-accepted qualification lab) or IPC
- Risk analysis and process optimization as well as development or test methods and devices
- Failure analysis