Small and medium-sized companies in particular often need complete solutions rather than individual components. Last but not least, extensive know-how in system integration creates an important basis for bringing innovative technologies and solution approaches (e.g. energy harvesting, ultra low power consumption) quickly and successfully into application and thus generating future-oriented products. The development competence of the interdisciplinary and experienced team includes hardware and software, electronics, mechanics, optics as well as fluidics. The integration of innovative methods for sensor data evaluation with "Machine Learning", especially when implemented locally, extend the portfolio and offer significant advantages for the application fields. The services in the area of system integration range - depending on requirements - from the first concept to feasibility demonstrators to prototypes and complete systems.
The Fraunhofer EMFT offering for design of systems and prototypes for sensor technology includes:
- Characterization of electronic circuits and systems with state-of-the-art modern electronic measurement technology
- Simulation and design of electronic circuits and design of multilayer an flexible circuit boards
- Mechanical construction with modern CAD tools
- Optical and fluidic simulation
- Rapid prototyping via 3D-print
- Concepts for sensor data networks and sensor data storage
- Evaluation of sensor data using machine learning methods, adapted to the application and requirements of the customer.